Here’s What People Are Saying About Aromatherapy: Aphrodisiac Essential Oil Scents.
Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils and minerals to promote emotional and physical well-being. Massages, baths, Yoga or Tai Chi, and other activities to calm and soothe the body and spirit are all utilized in conjunction with it.
Aromatherapy is also linked to Aphrodite, the goddess of love, fertility, and all things related to sensuality and sexuality in Greek mythology. As a result, it’s no surprise that many aromatherapies essential oils may also be utilized as aphrodisiacs to get you and your spouse in the mood.
These oils are all-natural, safe, and provide an unforgettable experience for you and your lover. So, without further ado, have a look at these aphrodisiac-friendly essential oils.
How Aphrodisiac Essential Oils Affect the Body
Before we get into oils that may help you get in a sensual mood, it’s important to understand how essential oils can affect your body. These oils’ fragrances go throughout the body through a neurological route that avoids the blood-brain barrier.
Smells may have a profound influence on the body by producing memories and particular sentiments once they come into touch with the limbic system, which is situated at the rear of the brain and is connected with learning, memory, and emotions.
You may have observed this while smelling something and been quickly reminded of something from your childhood, or when tasting something and being reminded of a certain person and how they smelled, or an event you had.
These strong ties may cause the body to experience despair, rage, joy, or, in this instance, great desire.
The essential oil smells listed below elicit thoughts and sensations of passion and sensuality, thereby placing individuals in a good mood.
- Ginger: A sweet, musky odor that warms you up, ginger is a stimulating scent. It is thought to help open and soften the heart as well as aid erectile dysfunction. It also helps improve depression and blood circulation, keeping you alert and excited.
- Jasmine: This calming, sweet aroma is exotic and warming. Jasmine oil helps relieve stress, reduce anxiety and fears, and it is thought to be mildly euphoric for some people. Jasmine comes in lotions, massage oils and lubricants, bubble baths, and perfumes.
- Cinnamon: Known for its sweet and spicy scent, cinnamon is thought of as an invigorating aroma. It helps to calm your nerves and improve blood flow and circulation and it has several other benefits, too. Some of these include increased desire, reduced frigidity, enhanced creativity, and improved erectile dysfunction. Some studies on young males returned results that the smell of cinnamon increases blood flow to the penis. Burn cinnamon incense, candles, or even bake cinnamon buns or coffee cakes.
- Rose: There’s rarely an anniversary, Valentine’s Day, birthday, or another significant holiday that goes by without these flowers as the obvious go-to present. So it’s no surprise that rose oil is one of the reigning aphrodisiac essential oil scents. Sweet, floral, rich, and intoxicating, rose oil has strong connections to spiritual and physical love. It is both a sensual and romantic scent and it helps to heal grief from emotional trauma, relieve anger and jealousy, and overall puts one in a better mood. Lotion, incense, bubble bath, massage oil, and the flowers themselves can surround your love space to strengthen feelings of desire and happiness.
- Gardenia: This fragrant flower is often used in bridal bouquets and is admired as a soft, beautiful flower with an endearing aroma. This aphrodisiac essential oil is used to help sleep, relieve anxiety, and elevate your mood, so you can feel great and calm in your lover’s arms.
- Ylang-Ylang: Ylang-ylang is both sweet and bitter, freshening and sensual. It helps to relax nerves and stimulates the senses. It has also been recommended to help balance hormones, improve erectile dysfunction, and even remedy the worst symptoms of PMS. Overall, this oil is best for aiding relaxation and enhancing a feeling of peace and tranquility. It is also a great oil for soothing feelings of anger, fear, and frigidity.
- Neroli: Found from orange blossoms, this sweet and cooling oil is used to relieve feelings of anxiety, stress, and grief. It is especially helpful for first encountering fears and apprehensions with a new partner. This oil is also used to calm PMS symptoms and cramps. Neroli also has antidepressant properties that can bring about feelings of happiness and calm, which enhance feelings of closeness with your partner.
- Vanilla: Perfumes, lotions, massage oils, bubble baths, candles, and incense all benefit from its delightful taste and smell. This is one of the most ancient aphrodisiac fragrances, dating back to the Totonacos and Aztecs. Vanilla has been shown in tests to increase and stimulate sexual excitement, as well as help sleep. This aroma is also said to be comparable to human pheromones, making it very appealing in the bedroom.